November 29, 2012
Janus has added yet another global project to its list. The project came from Mosenergo, and was one of the largest in the company’s history. It included the translation of complex technical documentation for thermoelectric plant equipment, analysis of all incoming documents and the search for new solutions to quickly recognize both text documents and schematic drawings, and subsequent DTP on them. Within 11 months we translated about 15 million words and carried out DTP for about 50,000 pages and 8,000 schematic drawings.
OAO “Mosenergo” is Russia's largest generating company, territorially, in the heat energy sector.
Mosenergo was due to modernize the Cherepovets hydroelectric power station in 2012, for which it announced a public tender for the provision of translation services, and Janus won the tender. We had to translate the entirety of the equipment documentation from English to Russian.
We managed to find a high-quality solution for document recognition. Janus’s experts tested the latest software for raster and text documents, and the optimum solutions were found for the heat energy sector specifically.
The project was completed by the agreed deadline, and the quality of the documents submitted was such that they were all accepted when first submitted.
November 06, 2012
From 9 to 11 October 2012, several weeks prior to the most important season of test events at the sports venues the 8th Visit of the IOC Coordination Commission was conducted in pre-Olympic Sochi.
Janus provided a comprehensive language support for the session which took place in Krasnaya Polyana at the "Grand Hotel Polyana" 5-star resort complex.
The participants of this major sports event included:
- Jean-Claude Killy, Chairman of the International Olympic Committee Coordination Commission
- Gilbert Felli, IOC Executive Director of the Olympic Games
- Dmitry Kozak, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation
- Vitaly Mutko, Minister of Sport of the Russian Federation
- Aleksandr Zhukov, President of the Russian Olympic Committee
- Dmitry Chernyshenko, President of the Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee
- Mikhail Terentiev, Chairman of the Russian Paralympic Committee
- Anatoly Pakhomov, Mayor of the city of Sochi
Experts from our company provided the effective work of 11 simultaneous interpreters, as well as the uninterrupted functioning of an entire set of equipment for simultaneous interpretation (6 European standard cabins, 250 IR receivers, several hundred meters of wiring as well as all the necessary sound equipment) in 5 rooms of the complex: Hunter's Hall, Green Hall, Walnut Hall, Garnet Hall and Press Hall.
The client highly rated the preparation and staging of the event by our managers, engineers, coordinators and interpreters.
September 25, 2012
Janus is getting actively involved in various events within the localization sector.
From September 28th - 30th, representatives of our company will be attending Translation Forum Russia - a translation conference which this year is taking place in Kazan.
The scope of the conference covers everyone involved in the translation market: executives and customers, directors of translation companies and translation departments, full-time translators and freelancers, and many more besides.
Our colleagues have prepared speeches on the following topics:
"Large-scale translation projects experience, based on the examples of Sochi 2014, Mosenergo and Microsoft" and
"Multilingual localization software: experience, problems, perspectives"
From October 23th - 25th, Janus will be attending the annual Tekom conference, which will be held in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Our colleagues will be taking part in round-table discussions, and presenting reports on the topic:
"An Automated Approach to Vendor Management Based on the Corporate ERP System".
We also invite you to come and visit our stand: hall 4, stand 470
To meet our representatives, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 11, 2012
In today’s world of advanced technology, all sorts of new methods of transferring information have sprung up. We watch films, listen to audio-books, use various kinds of applications on our mobile phones and work with video-presentations in the office.
Multimedia is the fusion of all the various types of information transfer, in which all the modes of communication transfer are used: text, sound, image, animation and video.
Janus carries out a whole range of operations in multimedia localization, sound recording and the dubbing of video and audio material, subtitling and the translation of video games:
- we translate scripts, carry out sound recording and are able to hire actors to get the job done.
- we carry out large, technically complex localization projects,
create flash-presentations and translate TV ads.
- we can work with any video format. Send us any video, or simply a link to it, and in return you’ll receive the translated and recorded material, ready for use.
Janus’s team of experienced experts is at your service. The multimedia localization department includes not only linguists, but also technical specialists, capable of carrying out a range of complex tasks at a moment’s notice.
July 27, 2012
Senior Interpreting Manager
||Required work experience
||from 3 to 6 years
- Planning of Interpreting activity;
- organization of interpreting at events;
- participation in budget planning, planning and conducting of the unit's accounts;
- recruiting the team of interpreters, conducting interviews;
- monitoring of the overall quality of contractors’ services;
- creation of educational programs for volunteer interpreters;
- terminology materials selection for training of interpreters for the Olympic Games;
- planning the schedule of interpreters and sound engineering technicians at major events.
- Higher education;
- work experience as a simultaneous interpreter;
- work experience in the organization of major events;
- work experience in the organization of major events;
- ability to use simultaneous interpreting equipment;
- professional knowledge of English language, fluent;
- knowledge of computer software: MS Office Advanced experience, CAT tools use experience (Trados, SDLX);
- good communication skills, adaptability, ability to work under pressure;
- readiness for business trips and relocation to Sochi
- employment in compliance with the Russian Federation Labor Code;
- mobile communications, voluntary medical insurance;
- offices in Moscow and Sochi.
Type of employment: